Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Picture Book Reading Challenge

Hi everyone!! Once again, it's been way too long since I posted, but I swear that there will be THREE more posts coming in the next couple of days to catch you all up on what we've done in March.  But this post is to let you know about the Picture Book Reading Challenge.  I just found out about this challenge, but we are up for it!  Here's the link to the challenge post - it's hosted at There's a Book.  We are going for the Harvester level - that's 200 books, people! 
I am hoping that this will jump-start several things for us.  We haven't been doing as great with our Picture Book Preschool - we're a couple of weeks behind, and most weeks we do read the books, but not in any sort of organized method.  Also, we have been checking out lots and lots of books from the libraries we visit, and we need to read them and get them back so other people can read them!  Thirdly, I am really trying to keep up our bedtime routine of reading a few books - some days we do this and some days we do not, and I can see it makes a big difference in getting them settled down for the night.
So I am keeping track of the books we read on this page (it's located to the right of this post, but here's the link ) if you'd like to take a look at what we are reading!!   Hope your week is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment